Are you one of those mommies with kids who love to serve home cooked food to their loved ones but due to those hectic household chores end up scratching your head thinking of what to cook?
Well here are two recipes which will rescue you from that trouble. These recipes are very easy to cook, with minimum ingredients and most important of all you can prepare and cook them within hardly 15-20 minutes.
Thai delicacies are a personal favorite, not only are they light but many of these recipes are easy to cook.
Thought of sharing two Thai delicacies which are not only healthy but easy to cook.
A starter and main course recipes, which takes very less time to prepare and cook. Quite convenient for all you working Moms out there.
Thai Grilled Salmon
Preparation/Cooking Time: 5 mins/10 mins
1.5 lbs Salmon fillets
2 Tbsp roasted Thai Red Chili paste (or Red Chili/Cayenne Pepper paste)
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 tsp Lemongrass, minced
- Mix the chili/pepper paste, vegetable oil and minced lemongrass until well blended.
- Now place the fish fillets on a plate and coat them with the chili paste. Keep aside.
- Now grill the marinated fillets over a medium heat for six to eight minutes on each side, until the fillets flakes easily with a fork.
Spaghetti or Noodles Thai Styled
Preparation/Cooking Time: 10 mins/10mins
4 oz Spaghetti or Thai Rice Noodles
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 lbs Chicken, ground
1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
2 Tbsp Thai roasted Red Chili Paste or simple Red Chili/Cayenne Pepper paste
¼ cup Green Onions, chopped
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Water
1 small Chili, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a pot or deep-bottomed pan or a wok bring water to a boil and add in the spaghetti or noodles. Boil for about 3 to 5 minutes. Then drain well.
- Now, in a wok heat oil on a high flame and add in the chicken and minced garlic. Stir fry until the chicken turns light brown for about 3 minutes.
- Time to add in the fish sauce, red chili paste, chopped green onions, sugar and water. Stir fry for another 2 minutes or until the chicken is done properly.
- Now arrange the boiled spaghetti or noodles in a plate and top with the fried chicken. Garnish with the chili slices and serve hot.
Do try both the recipes and get back to us with your Thai cooking experience. Since both the recipes are very light, they will be relished by everybody. You can reduce the amount of chili if you have young kids at home.
Have you got any easy and interesting recipes to be shared with all busy Mommies? Why not share such easy recipe ideas here on LifeStyleBody.